We’re Still in Red as of June 1st
Basically all the same restrictions, rules, and policies stay in place including driving days, shopping days, masks, and social distancing.
Cotacachi Continues in RED Traffic Light
This means all the same restrictions, rules, curfew, protective equipment, and social distancing.
*NOTE: the curfew hours may be changing. We will update as soon as we know the changes.
RED Traffic Light Rules & Regulations
– Respect the obligatory rules at the national level..
– Authorizing commercial activities by orders by telephone or by delivery to homes.
– Hours for delivery of products 7am to 10pm
– Taxi service is between 5am and 10pm
– Suspension of work day for all but essential workers
– Continuation of driving restrictions
– Towing is allowed between 2am and 12am
– Curfew maintained from 2pm to 5am*
– Additional labor allowed only on projects approved by the national govermnment
Pedestrian Restrictions for Mobility
For shopping, pharmacy, and necessary medical only, go by the last digit on cedula, passport or driver’s license:
Monday & Friday 1 – 2 – 3
Tuesday & Saturday 4 – 5 – 6
Wednesday & Sunday 7 – 8 – 9
Monday & Thursday 0
Vehicle Mobility Restrictions
You can circulate based on the last digit of your license plate:
Monday 1 – 2 – 3 – 7
Tuesday 3 – 4 – 5 – 8
Wednesday 4 – 5 – 6 – 9
Thursday 6 – 7 – 8 – 0
Friday 1 – 2 – 9 – 0
Saturday & Sunday NO DRIVING
NOTE: the driving days are different for other towns. Please make sure you check those rules before venturing out of Cotacachi.
Food, Fun and Culture – Enjoy Cotacachi!
The small, magical Andean town with big Ecuadorian food flavors, fun, culture and adventure.
Video courtesy of the Ecuadorian Ministry of TourismVISIT COTACACHI NOW
Enjoy your Ideal Retirement!
With excellent year-round weather, an abundance of housing options, and all the modern conveniences you need plus excellent food, shopping and entertainment, Cotacachi has everything for those looking to retire in comfort and style.MAKE YOUR MOVE TODAY!