From July 9 forward, we’re in Yellow!
Please carefully note the new restrictions, rules, and policies below. If you are unsure, consult the Cotacachi Municipio page on Facebook here.
Cotacachi in Yellow Traffic Light starting July 9
– Wakes are allowed.
– Social or executive meetings are authorized with the presence of up to 25 people, complying with social distancing and applying bioprotection measures.
– Activities in archaeological sites, zoos, museums and national parks are resumed and may receive 30% of visitors.
– Training activities in swimming pools are authorized in closed spaces.
– The shopping malls and restaurants will serve the public with 50% of the capacity.
– On-site work activities resume with 50% of the capacity in the public and private sector.
Personal Vehicle Mobility Restrictions
You can circulate based on the last digit of your license plate:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday July 19: 1 – 3 – 5 – 7 – 9
NOTE: the driving days are different for other towns. Please make sure you check those rules before venturing out of Cotacachi.
New Driving Rules for Commercial Vehicles
Conventional and executive taxis, mixed transportation and light cargo can circulate every day without plate restrictions.
Food, Fun and Culture – Enjoy Cotacachi!
The small, magical Andean town with big Ecuadorian food flavors, fun, culture and adventure.
Video courtesy of the Ecuadorian Ministry of TourismVISIT COTACACHI NOW
Enjoy your Ideal Retirement!
With excellent year-round weather, an abundance of housing options, and all the modern conveniences you need plus excellent food, shopping and entertainment, Cotacachi has everything for those looking to retire in comfort and style.MAKE YOUR MOVE TODAY!